Wednesday, March 15, 2017

We're back from a couple of days with Brian's family in New Braunfels. Margaret and Samuel stayed behind since both had to work. They enjoyed keeping house and playing grown-ups for a few days. I take it for granted that they're such responsible young people that can get themselves to work on time, will take care of the house and all that entails, and be safe. They even made a long list of cleaning chores from themselves and had the whole place in tip top shape when we got home. Proud mama.

Our time in New Braunfels was fun, but we didn't get to do many of the things we'd hoped to do. Enchanted Rock was full, so we couldn't get in, as was our Plan B, Pedernales State Park. We did get to walk around Fredericksburg and have lunch there, but the town was packed like I'd never seen it before! We did some pretty drives in the hill country, including the Willow City Loop, which was every bit as beautiful as the Texas Parks and Wildlife articles make it out to be. We lounged around visiting and drinking cup after cup of coffee. Brian and I got out and ran this morning. I'm trying to cut back on my exercise. I tend to get obsessive with walking or running, so I consider it a little victory if I skip a day. Yesterday I hardly did anything, other than a little walking around Fred'burg. Yay!

Brian's sister and her family are coming to stay with us later on this week. They've never stayed with us, so it will be a nice treat to have them. Ever since they got married nearly 12 years ago, they've lived out of state, either in Nashville or Starkville, MS. Last year they moved to Baytown, near Houston, and we're so enjoying having them a regular part of our lives. They have a little girl that is between Hazel and Olive's age, the only first cousin my kids have on the Wells side.

Well, I'm off to get started painting the study.

No comments:

Post a Comment