Friday, March 10, 2017

I'm tired and grumpy this morning. I took some Nyquil so I would sleep and not scratch my itchy skin all night, and I'm still groggy. Even so, I woke up at 5, or a little before, and began my day as usual. I did my best to focus on my Bible study lesson, then got out and walked five miles. I'm thinking an extra pot of coffee will be happening shortly.

Brian and I sat in traffic for nearly an hour yesterday trying to make it to Margaret's track meet. We missed her running the 3200, but sat around waiting for her other event, the 1600. We didn't even attempt to make it over to Vista Ridge to see William run. The traffic had been so bad, and Margaret's meet was a small one and moving fast, or faster than a typical track meet, so we were afraid we'd miss her second event. Our neighbor, Wendy, sat with us and we visited while we waited. Her son is also a runner and has carpooled with us the last two years. A big storm blew in, and just as one of the girls' relay teams was about to start, the announcer said the meet had been canceled and for everyone to clear the field and stands because of lightning. We'd have to wait until next week to see Margaret run. Later we found out that William didn't get to run either as his meet was canceled before he had his chance.

Today is the last school day before spring break. I suppose I'm looking forward to it, but really I'm just tired, and vacations and breaks for school are normally more exhausting than our regular schedule.

Brian has to go to San Diego to present a paper on sidewalk masterplanning at an engineering conference later this year. I'm proud of him and happy that he'll get away for a while. He never has any time away, unless you could when he's commuting to and from work. We had initially thought that he'd take me along and we'd make a getaway out of it, but decided not to.

My house is moderately messy right now, and I've allowed the girls to watch Disney Jr. way longer than I should've. I'm off to repent of laziness and take this day by the horns.

No comments:

Post a Comment