Monday, March 6, 2017

I should be house cleaning, but I'm eating salad, dying my hair, and blogging instead.

Mondays are my recovery days. I get all the laundry caught up on and the house set back in order after everyone being home for the weekend. We didn't do a whole lot over the weekend. Margaret and Sam both worked Friday night, and William was out playing ball with his friends, something he does most Friday evenings. As I said previously, I had a meeting at ACC, then stopped in at the thrift store. I bought the other half a set of 1930s and 1940s swing records that I bought last Saturday. I was thrilled to see there had been no others in the store who loved swing in the last week. Now we have about twenty records to practice dancing to! I also found a pair of black hi-waisted Madewell jeans, a Free People shirt, some peacock print athletic leggings, a couple of sweaters, and a decent pair of Brooks Adrenalin running shoes. It will be a sad day if Texas Thrift ever closes. It holds a special place in my heart.
I recovered my Xanga blog archives and have been cleaning them up and printing them to save in a notebook. Its not an easy task. I think I blogged every singe day of 2010, and to go back and clean up all the markings and delete the codes for pictures is exhausting. Oh, but the memories! I have cried through page after page. I chronicled 2006 through the beginning of 2011 very well. I switched over to blogger sometime around early 2011 and for some reason stopped blogging as much. What a shame!
I went for a seven mile run Sunday morning. I'm trying to get back into running. When I'm not running I detest it When I am running regularly I find it a balm to my restless soul. We went to worship with Hill Country Bible. There was a guest preacher from the Dallas area, and he taught on Romans 6 and how we've been set free from sin and no longer have to live as sin's slave.
I didn't rest much yesterday. I was busy working on my blog posts as mentioned above, and cleaning house. Margaret had a friend over to work on a physics project with her. Sam had to work again Sunday evening. I went for another run in the evening. I just felt a need to get out the restlessness and clear my head. It's better than drugs, I suppose.
I have been reading Little House on the Prairie to the girls, and we're almost through it. Not sure what to read to them next. Maybe the Anne series, or the Secret Garden, or Little Women...What ever I choose to read to them they'll love. Just as the older kids were, they crave that special time where they have all Mama's attention.
Margaret suited up and ran the track workouts with the team this morning. According to her she did so well that some of the girls are upset that she's back on the team. Coach Sully seemed nervous as well. He wanted her to run, but now he'll be forced to decide between her, the faster upper classman who just joined the team, and some of the lower classmen that have been practicing with the team since the beginning of the season.
Great news! Brian says he's going to get me a laptop for school! I haven't had one in ever so long, and haven't really needed one. But I'll need one now. All the kids have school issued tablets, which is so nice, but Margaret will be turning hers back in when she graduates. She hoped to buy herself one before she starts college. She's done research on good, reasonably priced tablets, so I'll probably get whatever she gets.
I don't think I've told you about Frances, have I? She is the four legged creature we bought the kids for Christmas. Frances and I aren't such good friends, but maybe that will change eventually. She's part Chihuahua and part Yorkshire Terrier. She was tiny when we brought her home, less than a pound. She's black with brown accents. Do you call it accents when talking of dogs? she has white on the tips of her back feet, and it makes her look as if she walked through paint. The hair around her face is lighter brown, and makes her look like she used Sun In on it. She is the puppiest puppy there ever was! She has more energy than I've ever seen in a dog. And she chews on everything. Everything! We're trying to crate train her and she's done reasonably well with that. The kids like her ok, although Hazel, after seeing an old picture of Lucy-cat, said, "We should sell Frances and get a cat." I half way agree. I'm still hoping our love for Frances will grow.
I got out and ran three miles this morning. I usually get out and walk five miles every morning, but I'm trying to manage my time better to spend more time with the kids, so I'm swapping some of my walking with running. I got home in time to make pancakes for the William and John before they left for school. It's been so long since I made breakfasts for my kids. It makes me sad to think they no longer expect it. This is something I want to change. I want them to remember homemade breakfasts when they think back on their childhood, just I remember Mama's biscuits and gravy.




No comments:

Post a Comment