Thursday, March 9, 2017

I'm making pancakes right now, so every few minutes I have to hop up and go flip them, therefore this my be a disjointed blog post. I'm fixing breakfast-for-dinner as a treat for those who aren't going to be at track meets. Tonight it's Margaret and William running. Is going to an out of town meet this weekend at Love Joy high school (yes, that's really the name!), so won't be running tonight. I'm looking forward to another "date" with Brian cheering on our favorite people. 
This morning I got out for my five mile walk. I didn't run as my back has been hurting the last couple of mornings. The morning walks are like gold to me! I feel so much more on top of the day when I get out and clear my head first thing. 
I took the girls in and dropped them at Brian's office so I could run over to ACC and finish a couple of loose ends with my registration. I had intended to meet with an academic advisor, but the walk-up wait time too long, so I made an appointment for after spring break. I'm anxious to get this ball rolling.
I've two issues that are getting my mommy ire up. 
First is the homeschooling neighbor who seems to think my boys will molest her daughter, so said daughter always checks to make sure Hazel's brothers aren't home before she comes to play. The three year old boy of same family came over last week and pushed over and broke to pieces the chimenea I had given Brian as an anniversary gift several years ago. The six year old boy of the same family finds great pleasure in kicking Frances in the head even when told not to. Just now, as Hazel was heading over to play with them she was told she couldn't as their cousins were over. It's not like time with the cousins is something special as all three of their sets of cousins like here in Steiner and they all homeschool and do co-op together! Furthermore these same kids invade our house for hours when my nieces and nephews are over. 
The other thing that has my mommy heart upset is that Sam has had his heart broken for the first time by a girl. His girlfriend informed him this week that she only likes him as a friend. He sat crying on the couch last night and I didn't know how to comfort him. I knew it probably wouldn't last, but it's still hard. He's such a sensitive guy. And of course as his mom I'm thinking "who wouldn't like this guy???"
I took the girls down the Zilker yesterday. We rode the Zephyr, played at the park, and walked the three mile loop. And as happens every spring, I got poison ivy. I'm so careful not to touch it, but it's all over the place down there, on both sides of the trail. I'm convinced I react just from being near it. It's on my hands, legs, and one arm. I'm oping to keep things under control and keep it from spreading to my face, but I'm not sure I have much control over it. from what I've heard, it gets in my blood stream and causes the whole boys to react, so there's no telling where I'll break out. 
My front flower bed is looking so sweet! I had it so pretty in the fall, and even part of the winter as the weather had been so mild. Then a hard freeze happened when we were in Burnet the weekend before Christmas. I lost everything. We hosted Christmas Eve here, and I wanted something out there besides all the awful brown stalks, so I uprooted the huge agave from the back yard and plopped it in the bed to the right of the front door. It sufficed. Since then I've gone with the theme of cactus and succulents, and got a big batch of "hen and chicks" succulent and put several on either side of the front door beds. I have red yucca, some native grasses that haven't come back yet, some bluebonnet clusters, asparagus fern, and some other things. My hyacinths and tulips are just now going away. 
Oh my, but I love gardening and yard work!
I'm off to find my CRMS eagles shirt and my VHS viper shirt. I'll be switching back and forth between them as Brian and I race back and forth between two district high schools to watch Margaret and William race. 

No comments:

Post a Comment