Thursday, January 27, 2011

burnout

i have been so uptight the past few days. i know it's hormonal and it'll pass, but it is so frustrating.

i went down to the trail this morning to run, but i felt so emotionally flat, that i only ran half of what i had intended. i contemplated calling Brian to see if he happened to be downtown so he could pick me up. i felt so burnt out. so i ran the first 3.5 miles and walked the last 3.7 miles.

i did Meals on Wheels today. i just love those people! my sweet friend, Esther, wasn't there today because, according to the MOW dispatcher, she was in rehab. i hope she's ok.

i did recess duty at the school right after MOW and got to see William, Margaret, and Samuel. John plays on the playscape in another part of the school yard, so i don't see him.

i had a chance to see Brian because i had to trade out cars with him before picking up the kids at school. i had a small window of time to clean house - it really needs it - before going back to school.

i took all the boys over to Keegan's house so Karen could watch them for me while Margaret and i did a GS cookie booth. we set up at the Walgreens on Guadalupe. that place is busy and we sold a ton of boxes. it was nice to have a little time together, just Margaret and me.

i'm tired and i feel like i just want my senses indulged. i want to lie around, or better yet soak in a bubblebath,  have someone rub my back or feet, watch tv, drink wine, and just be self-centered.

God help me to die to myself, deny myself, and follow you!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you feel better soon!
    I love reading your blog. You are so real. You encourage me! (somehow I feel weird posting that on a post entitled burnout....hope you know what I mean!)

    ReplyDelete