Sunday, June 17, 2012

Made it through this week! I can't tell you how exhausted I've been! Karen and I ran three times together at a swift pace, four and a half mies each time. I plan to run five miles with Brian tonight. I always know when i'm in need of more rest because my left eyelid starts to twitch. That's been happening since about Tuesday. Last night I decided to skip out on the 5k this morning. After i texted Karen and let her know i was too tired, she enthusiastically said she would be glad to sleep in this morning. She works full time doing custom paint jobs for high end residences, so pretty physical work, then comes and runs with me. Anyways, we'll resume our running on monday, i guess. Hazel is keeping me on my toes. She's crawling around everywhere, can sit up from a crawling or lying position, and has starting to pull up on things. I'm always amazed at how fast babies learn and develop. One day they're just lying there playing with their hands, and the next they're on the move. She's at a fun stage right now. I enjoy taking her places and watching her watch people. Everything is so new to her. I wonder what she's thinking. I'm so glad to have her in the family! Brian took Margaret to her swim meet this morning so that I could rest. I did rest a little, but mostly ran errands getting ready for Father's Day. I ook some pics of the kids and had them made into 8x10's for Brian. I got some frames at Texas Thrift and painted them to match some the colors in the pics. I really hope he likes them. They're the first real pictures of all five kids together. We went to central market last night. We planned to meet up with some friends, but they had to cancel because their daughter wasn't feeling well. I bought Brian two six packs of Real Ale, his favorite beer. He was so excited, lie he had won the lottery or something. Now he has some decent beer to drink while watching the Finals. Lately I've found myself stressing too much about what happens on the Internet. Online relationships can be really good and valuable, but sometimes they're real superficial, just a pain in the behiney to maintain, and are no substitution for the real thing. I've lately discovered a few people that have blocked me on Facebook or put me on "limited access" for no reason that I know of. Ok, they have a reason, but I have yet to figure it out. Yes, I admit to doing this to a few people, but it was mostly because I was made aware of them slandering me on sites that I no longer visit. But some folks I considered friends have left me high and dry. What gives? Anyways, i start to dwell on these things and it just steals my peace and makes me want to jump through hoops and do things to make people like me and, well, it makes me feel like I'm in junior high all over again. Someday I'll grow up. I hope.

1 comment:

  1. why would anyone want to block you?! they must be crazy!! and, the pics for Father's Day sound so cute! hope you post a pic of them sometimes:)) I didn't do too much creative stuff this go-round and feel so lame! love ya girl

    ReplyDelete