Monday, June 18, 2012

I'm sitting here in bed early on Monday morning. Hazel sleeps beside me there in her pack-n-play. I carefully slipped her back in it a little awhile ago. She slept most the night between Brian and I. I think I slept well. We listened to the audio bible as we were going to sleep so my mind is renewed. I'm ready for this week.

Father's Day was a nice, lazy kind of day. Brian and i started the day off with a three mile run together. We went to the first service, but Brian had to stay for the second, as well, since he's the DOM this month. While he was gone we cleaned the house, made a special lunch, put the finishing touches on his gifts, and made him some cards. He loved the little surprises. He's so easy to please, just one of the many things I love about him.

We gave the pool a second (third?) chance. Maybe i never mentioned the pool, but my mom passed on this pool to us, one of those "easy setup" pools with the blow up ring at the top, the kind that bulges put on the sides. You have to have the ground completely level for it to work which we did not the first two attempts at putting up the thing. The side collapse and we sent a wall of water into Clay's yard. He was standing out there with a friend drinking a beer, and said, "Bring it on!" he was happy to get some free water on his lawn.

Well, we made a third attempt to level the ground and set the pool up and spent yesterday filling it up. I think it's going to work this time. We need to hook the pump up and put the ladder together and then we'll be set. I'm hoping this will provide lots of entertainment and exercise for the days we don't get to the Y or another pool. And just when our neighbors thought we couldn't get any noisier....ha!

Margaret and Brian ran some errands and got the three of us iPhones. We spent last night playing around with them. It's Margaret's first smart phone, so she's especially stoked.

We all stayed up late watching the basketball game. Lately we've had so much fun with the kids! They're getting to the age where they're such a pleasure to hang out with. They're more like friends.

A family from our church just moved back to their home state of Colorado. The wife, a friend of mine, was 18 weeks pregnant with her sixth child. Right after they got to Colorado, she discovered that she'd lost the baby, a boy they've since named Galen. She was induced earlier this week. My hear hurts for her. Her milk came in yesterday. I can only imagine how difficult it would be to deal with the emotions surrounding that. Pray for Jasmine with me, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment