Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I made a spontaneous decision to take the kids to the Barton Creek Greenbelt yesterday morning. We took our lunch and went to the far end, the Scottish Woods Tr. entrance. We were out for a few hours, ate, played in the creek, and read some books.

Yesterday afternoon I went down to east 6th to buy a new sewing machine pedal. There's this guy who owns this repair business in a little garage behind his house just a few blocks east of the interstate. His name is Maurice, and he's been repairing sewing machines for over forty years. He charged me half of what the hoity-toity store in NW Austin where i got my machine wanted to charge me to replace the pedal. From now on I'm taking my business to him. The only negative factor us having to back out of his skinny alleyway driveway. I'm so excited to have my machine up and running again!

I've felt a little blue this week. I don't know why. Maybe I'm just weary. Or maybe PMS. I've forgotten what that's like. Haven't had to deal with that almost a year and a half, and the way Hazel eats, I probably won't have to deal with it for another several months.


No comments:

Post a Comment