Friday, May 18, 2012

So very tired today. Hazel slept better, though she did wake around 4 to eat. It will be out of this world when she starts sleeping all night!

I don't know if I mentioned this, but I am working on organizing a neighborhood walking group for mommies. Last week was the first week I announced it over the neighborhood list serve. I think the rainy weather deterred some ladies, because I had several say that they were interested in participating. Well, my group is starting out small...real small. Hazel and I have been walking out two to three miles every Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 7. Hopefully we'll have some company soon. :)

I met some friends down at the Barton Creek Greenbelt today. The creek has more water than I can ever remember. The kids jumped in and out and played pirates and such while Hazel and I lounged on the bank. I really wanted to nap, but Hazel was too curious and kept dragging herself over to the edge of the blanket and digging in the dirt.

We're back home now and I have all the kids resting in their rooms. I really should be napping, too, but I have so much cleaning to do. I also have this baby dress I have been needing to sew for Brian's cousin's little one. I'm afraid that if I put it off any longer the thing won't fit her when I'm done.

Brian took the older four with him to the Y for Margaret and Samuel's soccer practice. The golf course is next door, so he panned to take William and John over to hit some balls. And me, well, I'm just glad to have a little quietness and a clean house. And a glass of wine to unwind with. Hazel and I are chilling out, watching American Idol.

You know, even though I've been exhausted all day, the Father's grace is sufficient and His power is perfected in my weakness. I really have sensed Him lifting me up and carrying me through today. And I just don't go around saying stuff like that. It was tangible.

Well, everyone is back home, tummies are full, feet and teeth are cleaned, and bodies are tucked into bed. Hazel sleeps on my lap. Brian watches the Spurs and someone play in the other room. It has been a long, long day. I'm off to bed. Tootles!

No comments:

Post a Comment