Saturday, May 19, 2012

She slept! Yes. There was some fussing off and on for an hour or so about being put to bed in her pack-n-play, but eventually she fell sleep and slept until we got up at 5:30. It was wonderful!

We opted out of going up to Georgetown for Vern's this morning. We need some rest.

I've been spending the morning sewing - working on a dress for Brian's cousin, but also sewing cub scout badges on the boys' shirts, and listening to Handel's Water Music all the while. Such a nice way to begin a Saturday.

Brian took the boys to the Boy Scout store this morning. William came home with all sorts of things. He's really into this boy scout thing. I'm glad because it's something the other two aren't so into.

I think I'm resigned to the fact that Hazel is now a food eater. The cereal seemed to help her sleep last night, and she seemed pretty interested in the cereal and roasted pears today at lunch. I was going to try to see how long I could hold off before giving her solids, but I guess this is as long as we can go.

We xeriscaped the front of the yard by the curb a couple of months ago. Last weekend when we went out to Burnet to celebrate Mother's Day, Brian and I dug up several native plants to add to our landscaping. They're coming along nicely.

We'll be celebrating William and John's birthdays next weekend. Since their birthdays are two weeks apart, we always celebrate them together. After their birthday party, we'll be done with birthday season for this year.

We all went walking, running, and roller blading at Mueller this evening. We got in between 3 and 4 miles. I think everyone will sleep well tonight. I think I will. Even though Hazel had a good, long night of sleep, I was more tired today than I can ever remember being.

No comments:

Post a Comment