Monday, May 21, 2012

I'm propped up in bed drinking coffee and finishing a bagel. Hazel sleeps next to me where she's been since about 3:30 this morning. Not quite sleeping through the night, but almost.

Church this morning. I say with David -

O LORD, I love the habitation of Your house
And the place where Your glory dwells. (Psalm 26:8)

Home from church now. I was only able to hear a part of the sermon since hazel started singing, but I participated in the singing and communion, which brings such happiness to my soul. This weekly covenant meal is so needed!

The church is compiling a photo directory for the first time in 6 or more years. We had our pic taken today. We aren't good at looking all matchy match. I didn't even attempt to coordinate our clothes. I hope the scratch that Hazel gave me across my face in the night doesn't show up too much in the pic.

I got in a couple of cat naps today while feeding Hazel. I needed them. Brian took the kids to the Y in the evening. I stayed home with Hazel. We got in a 4 or so mile walk.

Life is short. A friend from church lost her 18 year old cousin in a car wreck late Saturday night, early Sunday morning. The girl was about to graduate high school. I've thought about her and about Rachel Dodson leaving behind Darryl and Reagan so suddenly. I always like to mentally prepare for the worst, to brace myself, so that when tragedy or disappointment come, I'm better able to handle it and I don't fall apart. But how do you prepare for suddenly losing a child, a spouse, a dear friend in blink of an eye? I hope it's something I never have to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment