Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I've decided to blog throughout the day since I don't think I ever will publish anything if I try to sit down and create a complete entry in one sitting. I never have the time to finish and I have so many unpublished posts!

So it's early Wednesday morning and the day is not starting out so well. Hazel was up most of the night and I am exhausted! I didn't get out to run with Brian like I wanted to, but maybe later. I'm lying here in bed, reading my Bible, drinking my coffee, and trying to stretch the kinks out. I really need to get back into the pilates class at the Y.

We're up and at 'em now. We had our morning devotions and practiced our verses - Galatians 5:25-26, and are about to go walking at Mueller. Hopefully I can get in a nap this afternoon.

We did a two or so mile walk at Mueller, then checked on the progress of the figs on the fig trees at the park. Still waiting. We stopped in at Starbucks so I could redeem my gift card - a Mother's Day gift from Brian's parents. I bought two pounds of Gold Coast, which I am presently enjoying.

Today is turning out to be a very pleasant day. The weather is perfect. I mowed last night, so the yard feels tidy and the flowers and herbs are all working together to bring joy to the world.

William has been busy making origami creations using tips from a site on the dubyadubyadubya. He is so good at that kind of thing. The boys don't get to use the wii today because they were fighting and teasing, so they're finding some more creative outlets.

William and I are now at Harvey Pennick golf course for his lesson. I think this is the last of his lessons. I hope he's enjoyed them. This is something he's asked to do for a long time. He always wants to do the sorts that no one else is doing. That way he can't be compared to the other, more athletic children in the family.

I made up a schedule for our summer days/weeks. I want some structure, just not too much. One thing I think is really needful is a daily imposed quiet time. The kids will be involved in several activities and will need spme down time. Margaret will be doing swim team and a girl's soccer league. Samuel will be doing summer basketball. William and John will be doing Tae Kwan Do (i'm sure I butchered that spelling).

I hope to have a weekly library trip, scheduled walking and running times, also swim days. I have other ideas for things to do. Maybe bi weekly museum trips. Bi weekly might be too often. Maybe once a month. There will also be a once a week school day. Maybe once a week isn't often enough. Maybe short periods a couple of times a week. The kids really need to work on their writing skills.

I've been reading a lot about education. Lots to think about before.

I'm making dinner right now - black bean sweet potato burritos. A facebook friend raves about them, so I figured I should give them a try. They'be turned out pretty good. How can you go wrong with a dish that combines four of my favorite ingredients: black beans, sweet potatoes, chipotle peppers, and spinach?

Sitting here watching the news and sipping some red wine. Margaret and I just got back from a walk around the neighborhood. It's really the best night for a walk and lots of the neighbors were also out. There was an impromptu get together of about ten of us in the intersection of the next block. We talked about Hazel and mosquitos and running. I really do love this 'hood.

And that about wraps up our day.

1 comment:

  1. I'd been missing you and your posts:) so good to "hear" your voice again. Love the pic of your garden...sure is growing so good! I just figured out how to edit my pics on my mac (after what 2 yrs?) to fade them out like that too! you are a fast learner:) I like your summer plans. I've been thinking about that quite a bit too. :) So you liked the burritos?? they are my fave lunch. i just love them!

    ReplyDelete