Thursday, January 21, 2021



 We finally heard from Margaret! We got the form letter with her address on Friday and then she called on Saturday! It was so good to hear her voice though she sounded weary. She survived the 2 weeks of quarantine and an additional 2 weeks of isolation. She started bootcamp after Christmas and is finishing her third week by now. She was nominated by the RDCs (drill instructors) Athletic Petty Officer for which she was very excited. She has distinguished herself as determined and hard working and the RDCs know her by name. No surprise there. She’s always been a hard worker. The other day we received two long letters from her. It was so good to read her detailed descriptions of what she’s doing and what it’s like up there. Can’t wait to hear from her again!

Brian and I went to Blazer last night. We go there just about every Wednesday night for date night. Brandon and Frank ask about Margaret and we were finally able to give them an update. Nicole made us each a great Old Fashioned and we shared the Big Bend salad sans the goat cheese. I am so not a fan of goat cheese. Bleh.

I repainted the girls’ stairs over the last couple of days. They had been white but that was so hard to keep clean so I painted them Sherwin Williams “unusual gray” and they look so much better! I love that color! I think I might find other places to incorporate it into the house.

My lounge chairs for the pool came in the other day. The cats approve. 


I’ve been keeping up with my 20k steps a day goal. On Wednesdays I usually get more because Brian and I walk to our date then usually walk around town a bit. Last night I got almost 25k. This is without getting any other intentional exercise. I have realized that I just move a lot during the day. I don’t think I sit down hardly at all unless I’m driving somewhere. I would like to start running again to get my heart rate up. I’d just rather wait till it warms up before I start. I so don’t like running in the cold!



No comments:

Post a Comment