Wednesday, September 28, 2016

I took a nap this afternoon. I've never been a napper. Partly because I just never stop long enough, and partly because my life just doesn't allow for those little luxuries. But lately I've just had to. I can run on five hours of sleep for only so long. Maybe I'm irresponsible, but I just tell my two and four year old to play on the ipad and stay out of trouble and I go crash for awhile.

Last night William had a football game on  the far other side of the district. I met Brian part way there and we rode the rest of the way together. Those are our little dates these days - going to kids' sporting events. We joke that we're gonna get in trouble for canoodling so much in the stands. We're going through a phase where we can' seem to keep our hands off each other. There could be worse problems, I suppose. William had several carries on offense, a few tackles on defense, and Canyon Ridge dominated Leander. I don't think they were allowed even one first down the entire game.

Brian and I didn't get out to run until 8:30. Both of us were struggling to drag our tired bones up and down those hills. It's the last week of the six week's grading period which always means much weeping and grinding of teeth. We both looked over txconnect at each of the kids' accounts to see what assignments are still missing, which tests can still be retaken, and then crossed our fingers hoping for passing grades for all. Brian stayed up late helping Margaret with her pre-AP calculus and waiting for William to ride the bus home from the football. Football nights for away games can be very long as the A & B teams both play, and then ride back to Canyon Ridge together. William usually doesn't get home until nearly 10. I have dinner waiting for him and then he's wound up and wants to talk about all the plays.

I got up at 5 this morning and made lunches and then got out for my five mile walk. I was miserably exhausted, but I'd feel more miserable if I skipped it. My mom to Mom class meets on Tuesdays, so we hurried to get ready for that after I got home from walking. This was my third week to go to Mom to Mom, and I'm so much enjoying the chance to meet with other mommies and older women for mutual encouragement.

And then I napped.

Since Bible study and Mom to Mom started I have had trouble finding time to do school with Hazel. I have got to figure out how to get it in amidst all the other things.


No comments:

Post a Comment