Sunday, January 19, 2014

Sitting here on the couch with my coffee waiting for it to do its thing. My consumption has been way down this pregnancy because I've just lost the taste for it. But sometimes you just gotta force it down.

Brian, Hazel, and I have had a pretty quiet weekend while the big kids have been at Mimi's. Yesterday I did some reading, sewed a table runner, got a pot roast going, did some laundry, took Hazel to the park, walked six miles, sat around visiting with Brian and ironed out this years's budget, and took a bubble bath. There are few things I dislike more than disussing money. It has always stressed me out. But we did it. Things will be tight this year - probably for several years to come - but I can't imagine a better use of our time and money than on these six wonderful gifts God has given us! 

The kids have a holiday tomorrow. No big plans for the day other than homework and then letting them roam free. This week will be another busy basketball week for Samuel with a game Wednesday and a two day tournament on the weekend, and then his final game next Monday. He has so enjoyed being on the team and has made some good friends. It makes me very happy to see his talking and laughing with his teammates during and after the games. The kids seem to accept him and even really like him for who he is, even if he is a little different. 
 
Not a week goes by that Brian and I don't talk about how blessed we are to have the kids in the schools they're in. As expensive of a move this was and how "fish out of water" we felt at first being out here I the 'burbs, it is so worth it. The opportunities the kids have are so much greater than what they had in AISD, or in private school, or at home. And to hear the kids say how much they like school makes me so happy! All of them agree that this is the best school year they've had so far. Yay!

Just five more weeks until we get to meet Olive. I'm starting to feel pretty uncomfortable and find myself constantly thinking about her arrival. I feel pinched inside like there's no more room, and my ribs are bruised from her pressing against them. But soon enough she'll be here and I'll forget all about the pain. 

Tasha is throwing me a baby shower on February 1st. I feel so honored! No one has thrown me a shower since I was pregnant with Margaret! Tasha is my childhood best friend who moved to Steiner Ranch a few months ago. She lives about a mile away and her sons go to school with our boys. 

Must start getting ready for church. Blessed Lord's Day to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment