Saturday, January 18, 2014

It's 6 am on Saturday morning. No reason for me to be up since we have nowhere to go and four of my kids are at my mom's house. But my body has this internal alarm that goes off and will not allow me to go back to sleep. So here I am.

As I said, Mama came and got the older kids and took them out to her house for the weekend. It's Little Thomas's birthday (who is not so little anymore at 13) as well Big Thomas's birthday (who is no longer little either at 37) this coming week. All the cousins but Hazel were going out for the weekend, as well as Big Thomas. Brian and I opted to stay in Austin and enjoy some time mostly to ourselves before Olive comes. I suppose Hazel could've gone, too, but she's the youngest, I I didn't want to add another one to the already crazy crew of ten for my mom and Thomas to take care of. 

Our plans for the weekend are to finalize our year's budget, do a few odd jobs around the house, and get some exercise. Brian has his half marathon next month, so he's got a long run to do. I just want to get out and enjoy some fresh air and then maybe I'll do something crafty. I have so much sewing stuff waiting to be used. 

I'm getting lots of good ideas of books to read since lots of my friends are are posting their reading goals for the year on their blogs and Facebook. Here's what mine looks like so far...

Read through the Bible using my Devotional Daily Bible
Pleasing God by RC Sproul
The Holiness of God by RC Sproul
Inerrancy by Norm Geisler
The Bondage of the Will by Martin Luther
The Freeom of Self Forgetfulness by Tim Keller
Freedom of the Will by Jonathan Edwards
The Pursuit of God by AW Tozer

As you can see, I'm on a doctrine theme. I seem to go through phases where I read only one genre of books almost to the point if overkill. I'm sure I'll add to this list as I discover new reads. I'm not great at writing reviews (or writing, period!) but I'll try to add some thoughts about each as I finish them. That is if I can remember to blog, and I really hope to blog more this year. I did write a blog post this week, but never got around to publishing it. Probably better that I didn't since I was loose with my words on a particular subject and typed things I'm sure I would regret later. 






No comments:

Post a Comment