Sunday, January 26, 2014

It's not even six am., and I just had pizza and a 1/2 cup of dry granola. How's that for a balanced meal? I'm so thankful for a good night of sleep. Brian wasn't up throwing up from a stomach virus or food poisoning, or coughing from allergies, and Baby Olive stayed down low instead of up in my ribs as she'd been all day. I feel rested and so excited to be going to worship my Lord this morning!

Recap of this week....

Mama came Monday and stayed a couple of days. She took us girls shopping and bought me my jogging stroller and diaper bag. So generous! Tuesday after the kids went off to school, she and Hazel and I went to the mall and she bought me a new robe and a couple of sets of jammies for my hospital stay. This is something she has done with every baby I've had. Have I said the word generous yet? Oh, and she also filled my freezer with various kinds of meats!

I spent most of Wednesday getting things done around the house while visiting with Mama. Samuel had a basketball game in the far reaches of the LISD boundary that evening. Mama followed me there so she could go home after the game since it was on the way to her house in Burnet.  Canyon Ridge won, though they started off sluggish. They're still undefeated in regular district play. 

The kids had a snow day Friday because the roads were so bad from all the ice. Brian was working from home that day as well, so we were all able to enjoy spending the day inside. We invited the Thompsons from across the street as well as Tasha and her boys over for coffee and cookies. Tasha's husband, Marcel, was working so wasn't able to come. 

Brian got very sick Friday night, throwing up multiple times and even passing out! Really scary! We're not sure if he got food poisoning or what (no one else got sick). 

Saturday morning Samuel had a basketball tournament. Canyon Ridge won their first game and then played their rival Cedar Park Middle in the championship game, losing by one point. They play Cedar Park again on Monday night for the last game of the season. If CR wins this time they'll be district champs (since tournament games don't count against their regular season record). Samuel has so enjoyed being on the team this season! It's such a sweet group of boys, Coach Kelder is the best, and the parents are all so encouraging and supportive of each other's sons. 

I'm so ready to have this baby! I have my (nearly) 37 week appointment this week. I'll go every week from here on out. Most women go every two weeks starting at 30 weeks, and every week at 35 weeks, but Dr. Love gave me the option of just continuing coming in every four weeks until 37 weeks since I've done this so many times before and I've never had complications.

Also this week on the calendar, Brian's birthday and my baby shower. Looking forward to both!

Well, off to feed my soul. Have a blessed Lord's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment