Tuesday, October 2, 2012

We're all getting tucked in for the night. It's been a full day of activities. I got in an early morning run, about five miles. I got the kids going on school work, then headed down to the hospital I thought my grandmother was in to visit with her a little while she's recovering from surgery. Well, it turned out that she was at a different hospital, one close to my house. Unfortunately i didn't have the time to go to another one this afternoon because I had to get the younger boys to a cub scout meeting in Hyde Park. While they were there, Samuel, Margaret, Hazel, and I strolled through the neighborhood and admired the beautiful old homes. Samuel had his scout meeting this evening. The rest of us dropped in on a neighbor's block party a few houses down. It's Neighborhood Night Out tonight, so there were block parties all over town. We had hoped to host one for our block, but just couldn't get out act together in time this year. I always enjoy when we have an opportunity to hobnob with the neighbors.
I registered for the Austin Livestrong Marathon in February. That should keep me in shape for awhile.
Hazel still isn't sleeping in her own bed and isn't sleeping through the night. I guess it'll happen eventually. Right now it's just easier to have her in the bed with us than listen to her cry in her packnplay for hours.
We posted our home on homeaway.com for short term rental. We've already had one query, but we turned her away because we weren't quite ready for guests. Hopefully we'll get some people for ACL Fest and/or the Formula 1 race.

Well, it's been a long day and I'm beat.



No comments:

Post a Comment