Monday, October 1, 2012

October, how I love thee! This has always been my favorite month of the year.

It was a soggy weekend here. We thought William's football game on Friday night would get rained out, but they shouldered on and had it despite the downpour. The Y did cancel the Saturday soccer games, so we had an unexpected free day. My mom invited us out to Burner for lunch. Thomas was there with his kids and Leah with hers, so it was cousin time, all 11 together. A rare treat these days. We came home in the afternoon and cleaned house, then watched football. I ran the CASA superhero 5k Sunday morning. I signed I for it since it was going to be held at mueller this year, along the same route I run every day. I figured I could do pretty well, and I did. I PRed with a time of 21:31. I placed third in my age division. We cleaned up quick and made it to the second service. I left hazel in the nursery. I left Hazel in the nursery for half of the service. She loves the nursery at church. Ideally she would sit with me in church, but she's just way to noisy. I really want to be in the service. I NEED it. Oh, Hazel already has a boyfriend at church, Griffin.
I did some more baking yesterday. I'm on a baking kick these days. Good thing none of us are gluten intolerant. Yesterday morning I made pumpkin muffins, and yesterday afternoon I base cinnamon sugar bagels. I so enjoy the whole process of crafting bagels!
I took the boys to choir last night and I went to the Sunday evening class for the adults. Brian stayed home to do budget stuff, and Margaret stayed home because her braces are just about killing her. She has cried all weekend, ever since she had her adjustment on Friday morning.
It's Monday again, and I can't wait to start a fresh week of school with the kids!

But first, off to get in my run.

Here are some pics. For some reason iPad sorts them out of order, but enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. If I wasn't so busy I'd probably be baking. I'm having a slower week this week so apple butter might show up at my house....when I finally get around to making it, that's when I know I've officially been bitten by the fall baking bug
    Those cinnamon bagels look SO yummy!

    ReplyDelete