Sunday, April 14, 2024

ode to spring

 I'm sitting out on our upstairs porch enjoying this glorious weather. Sam and the girls are in the pool and Brian is poolside doing taxes. William is still resting up from coaching a track meet all day yesterday and John is recovering from a long work day at a new job. We're in that little window of time where the weather is perfect in Texas. 

This morning the girls and I worked in the nursery at church. I had a little one fall asleep on my shoulder and I could almost imagine it was my sweet Dixie. I can hardly wait to see them again this summer! Margaret's 25th birthday is a week from today. She'll be 25! She's the best little momma and wife to Spencer! She wears so many hats and wears them well. 

Yesterday we did yard work and miscellaneous projects including building am arch for our trumpeter vine to grow on over our front gate. It was a group effort: Brian and I and Sam built it and Hazel and I painted it. Brian and I spent a long time untangling and redirecting the vines and then I hung some lights. It makes the front walk so much more inviting! 

Sam played a song swap at Spoetzl Brewery on Friday with his band mate, Travis. It was surreal watching him on the stage with his guitar at the same brewery he'd toured as a tike. The whole set up was so very nice!

I thought I'd have much more to say but I guess not. The masses are waiting for me to get dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment