Thursday, March 5, 2020

Just a few minutes to write before I get the girls up and start the school day rush. Brian and I were supposed to go running together this morning but I was too sleepy. I'll put it off till later on today.

I made it to Bible study yesterday. I had missed last week because of Hazel's play. We covered 1 Thessalonians 4, the lecture being on sexual purity in the life of the believer. It was very good. After Bible study ended I ran to HEB to get a few things and then rushed home because Trent with Aeromass Glass was coming to replace on of our windows. We love Trent! We were introduced to him when our contractor hired him to replace some windows nearly five years ago when we remodeled. Though he's young, he's very professional and thorough and so quick. He replaced one of the front dining room windows so now our new chandelier looks so much better from the street! He was in and out of here in about twenty minutes. I cleaned house till William texted and asked if I'd come get him. They had ACT  so he finished early for the day. The traffic was miraculously light so I was able to get over there and pick him up and then get back in time to walk over and get the girls from school.

The Scholastic Bookfair is happening this week at school and last night LWBE had a free family event at the school and provided pizza and Menchie's to encourage people to come buy books. The girls have been anticipating it for a couple of weeks. After Brian got home we went over. Hazel and Olive used their own money and each bought three books.

I'll be watching Sawyer today. The weather is supposed to be good so I plan to get him out for some long walks.

I'm reading a book called Making the Corps about a book camp platoon at Parris Island back in the 90s. The training sounds almost identical to what Sam went through except for the location. The Marines are very big on tradition, so I doubt much of anything has changed in the last twenty plus years. I've fallen off my reading because I'm trying to stay up with my R.M. M'Cheyne Bible reading plan as well as my ladies' Bible study lesson and my ReEngage lesson. It hasn't left me much time for recreational reading.

One more week till spring break around here. We're doing  a stay-cation this year. We might spend a couple of days with my inlaws in New Braunfels, but other than that, we plan to just make some day trips.

Last night as I was scrolling through Instagram I saw a picture on the Marine IG page of machine gunners and after reading the description I realized it was Sam's unit. I didn't recognize him, but it was neat to see his buddies hard at work carrying around the Mark 19 grenade launcher.

Well, it's 6:30 and I've got lunches to make and people to get to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment