Sunday, January 3, 2016

Today is the last day of a long string of uninterrupted days with Brian and the kids. I really do love the beauty of seasons and patterns in this life. The two weeks the kids have off and the one week Brian gets off at this time of year is so special. So on the one hand I'm very sad to see our vacation time end, but on the other hand I'm a person who loves order and routine, so I'm looking forward to sending my people back out and myself having reign and rule over this house again. 

A few things I'm looking forward to this year:

- finishing up the remodel. It's been a long year of people in and out!

- running the Houston marathon in two weeks and the Austin in six. 

- cheering on William and Samuel in track. Margaret is sitting out this season. 

- reading through the Bible afresh. 

- finishing out the school year well. this is our last year to have an elementary student for a couple of years. that tugs at my heart a bit. as does the fact that Margaret will be a senior next year. please slow down!

I'm excited to see what the Lord has for us this year! Last year was nothing like we imagined it would be, and that's ok! 


No comments:

Post a Comment