Saturday, January 2, 2016

2015.

1. What did you do in 2015 that you'd never done before? ran a sub-4 hour marathon, visited NYC, had plastic surgery, earned silver elite status with Marriott hotels, volunteered for disaster cleanup after the May floods.

 2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I resolved to read through the Bible, which I did fairly well at. Probably didn't get through all of it though. I resolved to read 50 books. I think I read maybe 30. I resolved to run a marathon: check. I resolved to be more hospitable and host more people in our home. That got completely derailed because our house was torn up for most of the year or we were living in a hotel. I do plan to make some resolutions this year. Probably similar to last year's. 

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? no one very close. a few friends.

 4. Did anyone close to you die? no. we were blessed. 

5. What countries did you visit? none. 

6. What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015? More time with my older kids. They're growing up so fast! 

7. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? March 6, the day we noticed a leak in our kitchen. That was the beginning of #houseremodel2015 and all the adventures associated with that.

 8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Designing our house remodel and ordering all the pieces myself. Also getting my best time ever in a marathon. 
 
9. What was your biggest failure? not loving people enough. getting impatient and saying hurtful things to my children, husband. 

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? a UTI, which was horrible for a few days, but that was it. 

11. What was the best thing you bought? I could say all the new things for our house, but I'm gonna say my ipsy subscription. I love it!
 
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? brian. he is as patient as the day is long. the best lover, friend, dad, son, employee... 

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? terrorists 14. Where did most of your money go? food, house, church, cars, and the many screen repairs.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? My bff getting pregnant at 40! an answered prayer and dream come true. 

 16. What song will always remind you of 2015? Adele's Hello. She was in New York when we were there and margaret and I went to NBC studios to try to see her perform on the Today Show.
 
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: happier or sadder? happier. Olive is past the crawling stage and almost porty trained, and things like that do bring happiness. our house is almost completely remodeled, and though superficial, that, too, brings joy. I have much to be thankful for and each year I grow more content and comfortable with who God made me. I trust His sovereignty like never before. my times are in His hands.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? voluntter to help others - that brings such joy to my heart. read to the little girls. read to myself. paint.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? judge others' motives, mess wit my hair, over indulge, nag my children and husband.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
after spending a long weekend before Christmas with my mom and stepdad, we hosted Christmas Eve at our house, attended the Christmas Eve service at church, then had Christmas morning at home with the kids. We went to my dad's for a late Christmas Day lunch. A couple of days after Christmas we went down to my inlaws for a couple of days.

 21. How did you spend New Years?
I went to the doctor to get antibiotics, cleaned house, went to Ben and Gaia's wedding, then to a NYE party at my friend, Brittani's house.

22. What was your favorite tv program? probably Fixer Upper. I watched it quite a bit over the summer while we were in a hotel. I don't necessarily care for their style, I just love watching them interact. I also watched a lot of Flip or Flop. Tarek and Christina used to annoy the heck out of me, but then I kind of grew to love them. Oh, and Rehab Addict.
 
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? no. 

 24. What was the best book you read? Im reading A Tree Grows in Brroklyn again right now. One of my favorites.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery? hmmm. No one person or group stands out. I fell in love with Coldplay again. And listened to the Beetles a whole bunch thanks to my two oldest who a huge fans. 
 
26. What did you want and got? I guess a totally remodeled house, though I would be have said it was something I was wanting as it came totally unexpected. I've always wanted to see New York City, and I got my wish. That was fun! 
 
27. What was your favorite film of this year? I didnt see a single one. brian tells me I'd like the new Star Wars movie even though I'm so not a sci-fi person.

 28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? 40! Can't recall what I did during the day, but Brian and I went to dinner at the Oasis with Tasha and Marcel. and I dropped my new iPhone on the driveway when we got home. 😭
29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Talking with the Lord more. 
 
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2015? Cut off jeans and t shirts, lots of Anthropologie duds (found at the thrift store!), faded our Converse, cowboy boots, lots of jeans. I guess I'm pretty casual. 

 31. What kept you sane? exercise. 
 
32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? not really sure. 

 33. What political issue stirred you the most? abortion. 
 
34. Who did you miss? having my neighbor, Lisa, move from across the street to a quarter mile up the street. I didn't realize how much I'd miss seeing her every day!
 
35. Who was the best new person you met? my new friends, Brittani and Irina from my neighborhood.

 36. Tell us some valuable life lessons you learned in 2015. Patience, my child. Be still and know that I am God.


Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment