Sunday, December 2, 2012

I'm so sorry that I've neglected you so, my blog! I really want to write, I just really have a hard time carving out the minutes to do so.

November was a stressful month, no doubt about it. The bottom fell out of our homeschooling, and Brian and I began searching for other options. We had three different groups of short term renters stay at our house in two weeks. We celebrated Hazel's birthday, and we went on a couple of camping trips. We celebrated thanksgiving with my mon's side of the family, as we usually do. Thanksgiving night my mon took the cousins (minus Hazel)
out to her house for a long weekend of cousin time. Brian and I stayed in our camper out at the Farm. It was cold and cozy, just the three of us out in that hill overlooking town. He and I cleaned up after renters twice that weekend, did a ten mile run together, read books, and ate at several good restaurants.
A few weeks ago we found out that Margaret and Samuel automatically qualify to enroll in a very good middle school across town and can even ride the bus. It's because the school we're zoned for is a No Child Left Behind school, whatever that means. What a relief and what we see as an answer to prayer. We don't have to scramble to try to move right away. They will either start school in the next week, or after the Christmas break. I'll continue to homeschool William and John and see how things go. I'm hoping they'll be more cooperative since I'll be able to give them more attention.

I may have written about this in a previous post, but in October i just broke down and got really depressed. I felt so overwhelmed! That's when Brian decided we had to make a schooling change. I scheduled a doctor's appointment to see if I might need suffering from some sort of imbalance. It was great to see Dr. Love again after a year. I just seriously love that man.., in a patient-doctor kind of way. He gave me all the time in the world and ask lots of questions. In the end he concluded that I was probably suffering from PMS, and prescribed progesterone. On a side note, I weighed five pounds less than I did before i got pregnant with Hazel. And that's without trying to lose weight, just running every day and doing some weights. We eat healthy, but I don't deprive myself of anything, just use common sense. I even eat bagels and pizza sometimes, drink my coffee with heavy cream, and have wine every night. Well, I do nurse all day and half the night, so that too burns a lot of calories, but still, I'm kind of amazed to be at 105, the weight I weighed when I was Margaret's age!

We were blessed with a new dishwasher free of charge, thanks to a GE recall. This one runs like a Cadillac. I feel so spoiled!

Must get going. Gotta get in a run before church. Have a blessed Lord's Day, y'all, and happy first day of Advent!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back, friend:) Hope the meds and school change for the olders helps you immensely!!! <3

    ReplyDelete