Thursday, December 6, 2012

I got up about an hour ago because I couldn't sleep.

4 am. Sheesh! It's gonna be a long day. But having the house to myself for a couple of hours means more time to commune with my Lord. I remember how back when i was a young abult, those few years before i was married, how I'd spend so much time studying scripture, memorizing it, meditating, praying. That changed once I got married, and especially once I had children. My responsibilities to my family kept me from being able to devote so much time to "quiet time", and my mind was so full of mommy things that I now had trouble memorizing two consecutive verses, whereas before I would memorize whole books of the bible. I remind myself that this is a season. A season that will soon change. There will come a day when I have more time each day to spend sitting at Jesus' feet. And one day I will no longer suffer from crazy momma brain, but will be able to spend focused time in prayer and meditation, and once again be able to memorize stuff.

At least that's what I hope. Until then, I take what minutes I can get, feast on the passages of scripture I've committed to memory in the past, and listen to scripture play as I am busy with my work.

Yesterday I bought supplies to make advent calendars for gifts. It's going to be a lot of work, but I hope to make 5 sets by next weekend. I'll post pictures once they're finished.

Margaret, William, and I went thrift store yesterday and each of us found some treasures. I needed some black shoes, and I found some DKNY for $3.50. Margaret was looking for another pair of Vans and found some in indigo for $10. William was hunting for basketball attire for him and his brothers and four two pairs of shorts and two jerseys. Better than the shoes I found, was a pair of 7 For All Mankind vintage wash trouser jeans in my size for $7.50! They're soft as butter and just the right length. How delightful!

We have a Christmas party to attend tonight, the first of the season. Fun, fun!

I just re read what id written, and laughed at all the funny auto corrects. I rarely proof read what I've written anymore, so I've probably written some pretty funny things since I've been blogging on my iPad.

It's later on Thursday morning now. I took Margaret and Samuel on a 5 and a quarter mile run this morning. To be honest, they dragged me along. They are getting so fast! I don't know when I've run a fast five miles! It was such a struggle to keep up with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment