Sunday, March 13, 2011

life comes at you fast

it feels really good to be feeling healthy again after so much sickness the last two weeks. i worked at Classical Conversations on Tuesday. the day seemed to go by pretty quick. i rode my bike there, and over lunch i rode over to HEB to pick up a few things, then back to the church. i think i'm getting a little better on those hills, but gosh, they really take it out of ya!

i made a king cake on Tuesday night. it was fabulous! i made one last year, but this recipe was way better.







i rode across town on Wednesday to run some errands. being out on a bike on a beautiful morning is some kind of wonderful. i did a little thrifting at a store on Burnet, and scored one great buy: a brand new pair of dark wash jeans from the Gap for $10.

i did Meals on Wheels that day also. to my surprise and delight, my friend Esther was back on my route! she had gone away for a month or more and i ussumed she was never coming back. she told me all about how "they" put her in rehab because they said she fell too often. and from there, "they" tried to put her in a nursing home, but she was gonna have none of that! anyways, she's back at her apartment in her look hover-round scooter, and i'm glad. i had missed her. i have just fallen in love with those old folks! i think i feel most comfortable dealing with the very young and the very old.

i had lunchtime recess duty Wednesday, and enjoyed visiting with another mom, as well as Grandma Green. she's a wealth of information when it comes to anything garden related, and heads up the gardening program at the school. she and i are often on recess duty at the same time.

Karen, Keegan's mom, came by to visit in the afternoon while the kids played. it was nice to have so many social opportunities in one day. i think i talked a lot that day.

we went to the Ash Wednesday service at Redeemer that night. it was a beautiful way to start the season of lent.

i worked at Redeemer on Thursday morning and that went well. the day seemed to go by quickly. i came home and pulled out my sewing machine and did a little sewing. i altered the shower curtain for our little bathroom and worked on a few other small projects. i love my little house and i love that every room has a personal touch. because of this, i know that it would be extremely hard to move.

oh, i forgot to mention that on Wednesday i found out i was pregnant. yes! i'm 5 weeks a long. one of the best things about the timing is that i can now blame my less-than-stellar performance in the marathon on the fact that i was carrying a wee one inside me. =) i hard my first OB appointment the week after spring break. it's weird doing this again after almost 7 years. wonderful actually. i cherish everything about being pregnant now. oh, and over the past 2 weeks i think i took a total of 8 pregnancy tests. i told you that i'm kind of obsessive.

i'm determined to stay in shape this whole pregnancy. i've never really got out of shape while pregnant, but i'm in the best shpe of my life now and it feels so good. i want to stay on the active wagon. i've been biking, running, or walking every day. yesterday Brian and i did our 5 miles in the morning. for the last 2 weeks i have felt a blanket of weariness covering me, but it seems that if i push through and exercise i feel better overall throughout the day. no nausea yet. i never had it with the others, so maybe i won't with this one either.

nothing to show yet (if you can see through the splattered toothpaste on the mirror~




i can't tell you how happy this baby makes me! now that Brian and i have shared 13 and a half of married years together and can read each other like the backs of our hands and madly love each other despite our imperfections, well, it makes making a baby together just all the more wonderful.

and yet, in the midst of my thrill and rejoicing, i think of my sweet friends who would love to have another and my heart cries out to God for them. please hear my prayer and theirs and open wombs, Jesus! it's not complete public knoledge yet, as we've yet  to tell Brian's parents, but already word is getting around.

7 comments:

  1. CONGRATS!!! What exciting news! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!!! You are such an inspiration to me...thanks for sharing the happy news! :) We'll be pregnant in 2011 together...I'm just 6 weeks ahead of you. Hope you keep feeling fabulous, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's news is awesome! Congrats! I am realizing more and more that God really does plan our families. I never really liked the 6 year age gap between my brother and I and didn't enjoy becoming an "only child" when everyone left home. I always told myself I would never want to have a big gap and just have one child when I had kids, but now I'm realizing God's got a plan and sometimes his ways aren't always ours :) I don't even have kids yet or am married so who knows :) Anyway that was a bit of a rabbit trail. so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FUN news, Peggy! Congrats and so so happy for you all! Having a baby around after a long break, is precious. Glad pregnancies aren't that rough for you, hope it stays that way. Blessings on you & your wee one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such awesome news! SO happy for you and B and the family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww Congrats! I'm due with #4 in early Oct...so we're not too far apart! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Peggy! SO excited for you!!! Praying for good health for both you, and your beautiful wee one!

    ~Tiph

    PS - thank you for that last paragraph, and your sensitivity & prayers... they mean so much!! <3

    ReplyDelete