Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sunday morning here. The beginning of a new week, and I'm looking forward to some normalcy. The kids were out of school Monday through wednesday because of teacher training. I can't recall all we did, but one of the days we went into Austin and hit the library, P.Terry's, and Old Navy. There was a delayed start of school on Thursday because of icy road conditions, and then Friday school was canceled all together. I'll be honest, that many days with three red blooded, hot headed males in one house is too many. It was a good reminder why we don't homeschool, if I needed one. We took Margaret in to spend the weekend helping the Koplins, the family she often babysits for. On the way home I got milk shakes for everyone, which made me a hero.
We watched the opening ceremonies of the Olympics Friday night. At first I was then only one interested in watching, but eventually others joined me. Yesterday (Saturday) was a work day around here, and Brian had all the boys busy helping him change bulbs, hang blinds, replace door stops, and patch holes. It was a lazy day for me in that I just pretty much did what I wanted to, which was take a bubble bath, read, refashion a sweat shirt, and walk 8 miles. I didn't do all 8 at once, but divided it between two walks. I was hoping it would convince Olive to move down lower, but no. 
Last night we grilled burgers and i did homemade buns and oven oven fries, both Yukon and sweet. I never buy buns anymore unless we're having company because homemade are just so much better.  I use the "40 Minute Burger Buns" recipe floating around the web.
Seems like the days are moving by so slowly. I'm ready for these next two weeks no hurry up and go by so I can have Olive in my arms instead of my tummy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment