Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011
1. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before? give birth to my 5th child. never given birth to my 5th before.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? i need to look back through my blog and see what resolutions i made this time last year. sadly i can't recall what they were.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? me! and most of my cyber friends and many of my real life friends. it was so exciting to count down to their due dates with them!

4. Did anyone close to you die? yes. Jackson Boyett and his wife Barbara were killed in a car accident right after Thanksgiving. Jackson was Brian and my pastor when we were dating and to whom we went for marriage counseling. he married us and was a big influence on us in our first year of marriage. also, my step-grandmother. she and my grandfather divorced many years ago and he remarried, but the family remained close to Naomi and her children, my aunts Laura and Carol. Noami passed away right after Thanksgiving as well.

5. What trips did you take? Big Bend, Galveston, Port Aransas, Gulf Shores, Alabama, a camping trip to Pedernales S.P. with our friends the Simpsons. there may be some more in there that i'm forgetting.

6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011? a larger home or larger lot for my kiddies to roam.

7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?  march 9th, the day i knew for sure that i was pregnant (after taking a total of 10 tests over 2 weeks).

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? running my 6th marathon and giving birth to my 5th child, although that doesn't seem much like an achievement as i kind of sat back and let God work His miracle.

9. What was your biggest failure? not keeping my mouth shut


10. Did you suffer illness or injury? nothing serious

11. What was the best thing you bought?  baby things!


12. Whose behavior merited celebration?  my children. they've adjusted really well to all the changes we've had this year
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? not sure14. Where did most of your money go? mortgage, food, church, medical/dental bills

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? seeing Hazel Jane for the first time


16. What song will always remind you of 2010? not sure

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: happier or sadder? happier. this has been the best year of my life


18. What do you wish you'd done more of?  invite people over

19. What do you wish you'd done less of? spend time on the computer



20. How did you spend Christmas? with all sides of the family


21. How will you spend New Years? here at home with my little family


22. What was your favorite TV program? college football

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? no

24. What was the best book you read? The Help

25. What was your greatest musical discovery? can't recall

26. What did you want and got? a healthy baby girl

27. What was your favorite film of this year? i didn't go see a single one

28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?  i was 36 an Brian and i took a babymoon - a three night stay at a b&b in Jefferson.

29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? spending more time communing with my Lord
31. What kept you sane? daily exersize

32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? huh?

30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? boho maternity



33. What political issue stirred you the most? i guess i don't pay enough attention

34. Who did you miss? old friends that i dearly love, but that i don't get to see very often


35. Who was the best new person you met? some of my cyber friends, especially Courtney.

36. Tell us some valuable life lessons you learned in 2010:  "don't sweat the little stuff & it's all little stuff" is true.

4 comments:

  1. I'm almost excited...THIS Courtney???!!! Wow, if so, and even if not so, you're my favorite new person I "met" too:) Maybe one day we will meet in person. I sometimes wonder if you would like me then:) ha. I love this and may just do this on my blog! Hope you take that as a compliment:)!! Love ya girl. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and, PS: you are one of the main reasons I was inspired to run my 1/2 marathon:) if you can do full ones w/ twice as many kids, i can do 1/2 of one w/ 1/2 as many kids:)))!!! you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww, best compliment i've received this year;)

    ReplyDelete