Monday, September 19, 2011

i had a wonderful birthday weekend. though i have to admit that i forgot it was my birthday weekend. when Brian greeted me Sunday morning with happy birthday, it caught me by surprise. we had a lovely three night stay at the Claiborne House B&B. Steve and Elaine, the inn keepers, were just as warm as hospitable as always, and their breakfasts were as scrumptious as ever. Brian and i had dinner at three of our favorite places on the planet: Auntie Skinner's, the Stillwater, and Lamache's. we've been patronizing these places annually for the past 14 years. we sat for nearly four hours watching football at Auntie Skinner's on Saturday. to some girls that would be hell, but for me it was heaven. it also didn't hurt that the Longhorns looked mighty fine.

us at the Stillwater Inn on friday night -



Brian gave me these James Avery earrings yesterday morning



no other jeweler compares to JA, in my opinion.

after a hearty breakfast and hugs goodbye from Steve and Elaine, and promises that we'll be back next year, we drove to Brian's parent's house. they had a lunch ready for us and a birthday cake for me, as well as some gifts. we couldn't stay long as we were planning to meet my family in Austin for dinner at six. the drive home was uneventful. i slept a lot and read a little. we got to Trudy's right on time. my mom and stepdad were there, as well as Aunt Lucy, my grandfather, and Leah and her kiddos.



if you look close, i'm sporting a black eye from when i tried to tear down a box to put in our recycling bin the other day. it came back and popped me in the eye really hard.

anyways, everyone gave me sweet gifts and i felt very loved. it was a special day.

now it's back to work. i really don't like starting a school day when i haven't had sufficient time to plan. but we're plodding through our day ok. tonight Margaret and Samuel have boxing class downtown and William and John and I will do some swimming. Brian has a deacon's meeting which means he won't be getting home until very late. i'm hoping i hold up until i get the kids off to bed. i got out and exercised this morning - 5 mile walk with a few running spurts in there - but i never got that adrenaline surge that i usually get after exercising, just the drag. i'm trying to prop myself up with some caffeine now.

ps. i forgot to add that one of the goals we had for our weekend away was to come back with a middle name for Hazel. we accomplished that goal and she will from henceforth be called Hazel Jane.

1 comment:

  1. Hazel Jane:) I like it! you look beautiful and love the earrings! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete